Skip to content
  • There are no suggestions because the search field is empty.

Florence Lumber Company

Florence Lumber started out with a 2.5 acre lumber yard in East Florence and retail offices downtown on East Tennessee Street. Buying out Acme Lumber in 1912. The Florence Lumber Company president was John Tuthill. R.C. Redd and U.O. Redd were vice president and secretary/treasurer, respectively. As years went on, things evolved and a concrete building (now home of Southern Pipe & Supply) was built for new offices and a small lumberyard was added behind that building. The concrete building housed Florence Lumber Company until 2006. This image is of the lumber yard in East Florence.