The Charles M. Southall Building
Charles Morton Southall graduated from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy with gold medals for the highest grade as well as "proficiency in chemistry." Southall moved to Florence in 1891. He constructed this building (see construction photo at right) to house his wholesale and retail drug business in 1900. Run by himself and his son until they sold the business in 1947, this building remained a pharmacy until 1979. The mask of modernization seen in the top-left picture (green glass panels & neon signs) was removed in the early 1980s restoring this special landmark to its original charm.